About the Center
The Chickasaw Cultural Center, a stunning state-of-the-art campus featuring architectural elements such as native stone, wood, and copper—is the culmination of the legacy of our people. It’s a place that records our history and perpetuates our legacy for generations to come.
Welcome to the Chickasaw Cultural Center. This world-class destination is devoted to sharing and celebrating Chickasaw history and culture.
As the largest tribal cultural center in the United States, our ongoing mission is to make you feel at home. With our showcases, interactive media stations and hands-on classes, we have consciously departed from the traditional museum "displays-under-glass" format to give you the closest connection with our culture.
The Chickasaw Cultural Center has been a vision of Chickasaw people for many years, borne of thousands of hours of inspired planning, design and labor. On behalf of the Chickasaw Nation, thank you for your patronage and, please, visit again.
The Mission of the Chickasaw Cultural Center is:
- To capture the essence of Chickasaw culture
- To revitalize and share Chickasaw culture and traditions through cultural demonstrations, and community outreach activities
- To preserve, protect, and add to Chickasaw history through archives, collections, and research
- To provide educational opportunities to the Chickasaw people
- To share our unique culture with the world.